Maverick.

Friday, August 5, 2016

This content was originally posted August 5th, 2016 as an Instagram caption, and edited onto this blog August 29th, 2016.

Thinking back to a conversation I had with a young gal this past week as she was making this adorable sand masterpiece (in my honour I might add!!! I gave it an enthusiastic 15/5... I can't help it, my heart melted four times at once), I'm realizing again and again how important it is to be "the someone". 

Someone who listens when listening is needed and someone who tells the truth when it needs to be heard. Someone ready to crack a joke, even if it's hecka lame, during the hard times. Someone who will tell the other kids to shut up, because glasses are cool and so is Starwars and nobody should ever tell you differently. Or even just to bridge the gap between persons and grab a hand that needs holding. 

Yes, it's impossible to be someone who does these things all the time at every moment with perfect wisdom and timing - but when you see an opportunity, I dare you to be the someone who makes a difference. Every small molecule of water moves together to make a wave, and you get to choose whether your impact creates a mushburger or a maverick.

No comments

Post a Comment